On the basis of this philosophy, we have developed a new proposal to discover the most authentic and unspoilt aspects of Venice, the Eco-Charter, an opportunity to visit the city, the lesser known islands and the environment of the Venice lagoon in an aware sustainable way.
The Eco-Charter proposals are based above all on our Code of Ethics which makes it possible to visit the Venice lagoon in environmentally compatible ways:
1. We always move about in respect of the integrity of the places we visit and all forms of animal life in the lagoon
2. We respect speed limits
3. We always make sure that the engine is in optimum condition and carry out regular controls to avoid oil and fuel leaks
4. We keep rubbish on board and dispose of it when we go ashore
5. We differentiate the waste we produce as we are great believers in the importance of differentiated waste collection
6. We use environmentally friendly and biodegradable products
7. We use special containers to recover used oil and take our old batteries to special waste collection centres
8. . We make the greatest possible use of marinas. A shower in a marina is preferable to a shower on the boat (if you take a shower on the boat, use of shampoo or bath foam is prohibited).
The choice of Eco-Charter itineraries is not therefore limited to the showy colour of the most famous places, but concentrates instead on the most characteristic aspects of the region and the unspoilt areas where the discovery of a place is still a unique and unrepeatable experience.
The Venice lagoon is perfect for this experience. It is one of the most extensive and important ecosystems in Europe and the Mediterranean extending for a full 550 km_ with an immense biological heritage of flora and fauna and a number of plants and animals which are rare or even in danger of extinction. Here you can find archaeological sites of great interest and historical and architectural monuments which tell the story of the populations which have been living in the lagoon for centuries. As well as the famous city where you can stay to visit the monuments and walk through the world's most famous alleyways, you can still find lesser known places concealing miniature treasures where you can rediscover Venice at its most authentic.